Monday, December 15, 2008

Penang Trip Part 1

Lst Tues, my bro n I visited to Penang. If i'm nt mistaken, there has already 15 yrs since my lst visit to this famous tourism place. Luckily, this 2 days 1 nite trip does not disappoint me even though i was goin wif my brother's matric fren. :-)

1st day

Depart at 10.00am wif konsortium bus. Pic shown is de main office of konsortium in Taiping. Stop for fuel filling and lunch. However, i'm not havin lunch there since my destination is a food paradise. Hehe...
Arrived at 1.00pm. Before heading to my first destination which is Kek Lok Si, I hav de famous asam laksa in Ayer Itam which known as d best asam laksa in Penang. Well, this is reli nice especially de soup n it only costs RM2.50. Is a must inPenang oso... Sry, 4gt 2 take pic… Hehe…

The entrance fee to the Pagoda is RM2.00. However, upgrading work is undergoin there and many buddha statues have been removed.

The view is nice at the top of the Pagoda.
After spending about 2 hours at Kek Lok Si. Then, v headed to another attraction in Penang - Bukit Bendera or Penang Hill in English. Unfortunately, maintenance works are goin on and according to my tour guide, they are changing the train cable. Sad case.

No choice, then we just went to our next destination, Botanical Garden. Botanical garden has a strong English feel. I’m nt sure about the history, mayb this garden has ady built during British time.
Is a very greeny garden. More attracting than Lake Garden in Kuala Lumpur. :-)

The garden is the favourite place for all the exercise lovers in Penang.
Taking photo wif two tour guides. ^^
After taking fresh air for about 1 hour, then is the time 2 enjoy some strong wind. Yea… My nxt destination is Batu Feringgi.
However, when v reached there, the time has ady late. Water activities have already stopped. Therefore, I just took some not very nice pictures for souvenirs.

So, now is the time for us to look for a place to having dinner. Well, Gurney Drive is our destination. No doubt, Gurney Drive is full of food but is not a good place 2 enjoy delicious food for me. I hv ordered 1 char kue teoy, satays and drink. Char kue teoy just average only n de satay is even worse. I think de pasar malam satay in my place is better. Dun talk about de price, I think slightly higher than KL. Anyway, I believe there are still some good foods in Gurney Drive, maybe I couldn’t notice only. Sry, no pics have taken here.

Aftr havin my dinner n visitin Gurney Plaza, then my tour guide decided 2 go bak 2 home which is in Bukit Mertajam.
V went back to mainland by ferry. This is my 1st time trying ferry. Quite excited. Haha… The whole journey frm island 2 mainland is jz bout 20minutes bt de time used to wait the arrival of ferry quite long.
Supper time. Thank to my tour guide, they bring us to try a vry special Char Kuey Teoy in Bukit Mertajam. Finally, remember 2 take a photo. Haha…
This is de most delicious food tat I hv tried in Penang. Yum yum… This char kuey teoy is cooked by using charcoal n de egg above is different frm the common 1 oso… This is a duck egg… This is a must if any1 of u visit to Penang bt the stall only available 4 supper time…

Aftr enjoyed a vry satisfyin supper, then v go bak 2 my tour guide’s hse for overnite n ready for 2mr journey. ^^

No comments: