Friday, January 16, 2009

Playing squash for SUKMUM

Don't be surprised when you see the title, the title is 100% true and of course, your eyes has no problem too. In fact, I myself also get stunned when I think about it again.

Actually, the scenario is like this. When the person in charge in my college find my ex-roomate (who I believe is the only one person that know how to play squash in my college) to participate in SUKMUM squash and ask him to find some of his friends to participate, since there are no enough players to participate and I think this is a good time to learn a new sport, therefore I just ask my friend to write my name down in the list. Moreover, it maybe can help me to get a place to stay in college next year.

Ok. My first match is versus 8th college. After practising with my friends for 30 minutes, then I just went to the match. I'm the last player in my team, since my team able to win only 1 set out of 5 set, therefore, I have no much pressure when I down to the court as the result already clearly shown. My rival is a 3rd year student and of course is much better than me. =) Not really willing to tell the result here but just to let you guys can imagine the gap between us, the result is necessary. LOL... 9-0, 9-0, 9-1... Luckily, still able to get 1 point in the last set. LOL...


The whole team for squash players

The second match is tougher which versus with 5th college. For your information, 5th college has alot of UM player and the UM number 1 player also in this college. This time, we are not that lucky because none of us can win any set. Hmm... About my result, is still lousy but at least better than the first time which is 9-0, 9-0, 9-2. Haha... 1 point difference.
Roomate and teamate... Haha...
Eventhough we unable to make 11th college proud, at least we have tried to do our best. And, for my own benefit, I really appreciate this chance because can gain some new experiences and learn a new skill. Perhaps, I will sharpen my skill in this whole year and down to the court on the coming SUKMUM. ^^

4 comments:

KiM said...

eh... u lucky din play against 1st college ar...if nt i oso giv u 9-0, 9-0, 9-0.haha

Carlson said...

Impossible la...
So easy get 0 meh...
Lol...

Lavend said...

hey u know hw to play squash??? wow... played once but my sifu give up on teaching me...

Carlson said...

Just know the fundamental skills de... Haha...
Btw, may i know who r u?? =)